Ken Druse-Real Dirt is a radio program about gardening...outdoors, indoors, for your home, the earth, for your soul.
Spending time in nature, especially nurturing plants, gives strengthens our connection with the natural rhythms of life. In the garden, we often experience a kind of "meditation therapy"--weeding actually becomes a time to sort through the other parts of our busy lives.
Tune in every Saturday to
- hear about fascinating flowers, trees, shrubs, birds and other wildlife
- discover earth-friendly tips for making your garden thrive
- learn about what's fresh and new in the kitchen garden, farmer's market and produce aisles of your local markets-- and even a recipe or two for cooking with seasonal vegetables and fruits
- meet special guests: nursery men and women, soil experts, naturalists, artists and craftsmen who create for and from the garden
- Ken is passionate about the garden, and understands that a sense of humor is an essential tool for coping with the vagaries of the weather and canny wild creatures who often visit our neighborhoods--and are not too embarrassed to share their follies and blunders so that you might learn from their trials and errors.